page top

Tourist spots

Kushihiki Hachiman-gu Shrine

 The origin of the shrine is said to be that when the province of Nukanobu was given to Mitsuyuki Nanbu in return for his distinguished service in the subduing of the Oshu Fujiwara Clan, he ceremoniously transferred the Yahata Daimyojin deity of Kai Province to Rokunohe, and the new Shinto shrine was built and the deity was installed in Kushihiki Village in Shinohe in 1222. As a Nanbu Ichinomiya shrine,Hachiman-gu shrine has attracted many faiths. The main shrine was built in the early Edo era and is designated as a National Important Cultural Property, being a valuable example of the style of shrine buildings of that period. Kushihiki Hachiman-gu is home to many Cultural Properties, including architectural ornamentation and treasured items such as the Akaito-Odoshi Yoroi (armor laced with red threads) and the Shiroito-Odoshi Tsumadori Yoroi (armor with a white triangular-patterned thread lacing), both of which are designated as national treasures. The Meiji Kinenkan Hall located on the shrine grounds is known as the oldest western-style building in Aomori prefecture.

Address 3 Aza-Hachiman-cho, Yawata, Hachinohe City
Phone 0178-27-3053
Hours [Visiting Hours] National Treasure Hall 9:00AM-5:00PM
Regular Holidays [Closed] Open all year around
Rates, etc. [Admission Fee] Adults 400 JPY, Junior/Senior High School Students 300 JPY, Elementary/Junior High School Students 200 JPY, Preschoolers Free
Access By car: 10 minutes from JR Hachinohe Station, 10 minutes from Hachinohe IC, 20 minutes from Hachinohe City Center
By bus: Nanbu Bus - "Kushihiki-Hachiman-gu-mae" bus stop
Parking Large parking lot available
Homepage http://www.kushihikihachimangu.com/
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3

もどる